a NFC library for mobile applications
We value our customers’ preference not to reveal projects we have done for them in public marketing materials. So there are no names and direct links on the applications we have done, only description of functionality, expertise, and technologies.
A multinational telecommunication corporation; Internet, television, mobile and all digital services global provider.
To fit today high-speed rhythm of life better and meet users needs, the company decided to integrate the NFC technologies into its services. In order to make this process faster and easier, the customer charged Noveo team with the development of the unique and innovative NFC library for several platforms: Android, BB, WP8.
This library was meant for the further integration in the customer’s mobile applications and so that it allowed the use of NFC tags, namely: connection to NFC tags and reading data from them.
Being integrated in the application, the NFC library, developed by Noveo specialists, in case of the contact with an NFC tag, identifies one of needed actions written in it and executes this action on the device.
With the help of the library a user is able to:
- launch an application
- connect to a specific Wi-Fi using a password stored on the tag
- make a call
- send a message (prefilled or not)
- post messages in Twitter
- do a Foursquare check-in (here or somewhere else)
- register at Facebook Places (predefined message with location info)
- launch an external YouTube application to play videos
- activate/deactivate Bluetooth
- activate/deactivate GPS navigation and launch GPS guide for a chosen route
- launch a system browser with predefined URL
- manage the sound profile (vibration mode, volume level, ring tones)
- activate Airplane Mode
- lock the screen
- manage screen parameters (brightness, display time screen saver, etc.)
- activate the flash light of the device’s camera
- set the alarm clock
- receive vCard
- schedule a meeting in the calendar
- launch the street view at a predefined point
- receive a simple text
- implementing of NFC protocol
- Android 2.3.3, 3.1, 3.2, 4.0, 4.1 with NFC support
- BlackBerry 7 with NFC support
- Windows Phone 8