System for network inventory and automated software installation
We value our customers’ preference not to reveal projects we have done for them in public marketing materials. So there are no names and direct links on the applications we have done, only description of functionality, expertise, and technologies.
Company specializing in remote control products.
Development of a system that solved a problem of tracking hardware and software on hundreds of remote computers, as well as simplifies network administration and maintenance.
Noveo developed and implemented 2 modules:
A module that performs turning on and booting the remote computers via corporate network (using PXE). Its main features are:
- centralized management of each computer in the network;
- automated OS deployment;
- automated software packages deployment;
- configuration of OS deployment and software packages installation management;
- support of specified slave servers for each subnet to reduce network loading.
A module that scans the network and tracks software and hardware assets:
- groups software for easier management;
- adds and edits inventory data, identifies printers and other devices;
- includes or excludes files for scanning;
- remotely configures computers in the network;
- checks license compliance and access privileges;
- sends e-mail notifications to multiple users.
This module supports all versions of Windows and can work as a service or as a normal application to perform scans of a computer. The size and the performance of the module were optimized.
- .NET, MS SQL Server 2005, VB.NET, C#, VB6, C++
- Turbo Pascal 6.0, Turbo Assembler
- Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI), Active Directory, PXE 2.0