Web-applications technical audit
We value our customers’ preference not to reveal projects we have done for them in public marketing materials. So there are no names and direct links on the applications we have done, only description of functionality, expertise, and technologies.
A French Association which supports patients, affected by genetic and rare disabling illnesses, and their families.
One of the association’s annual activity is a fund-raising event, a TV show on a public channel, supported by a web application with extensive functionality, including financial operations. Preparing for the Event, the customer wanted to verify if the application was done on the proper technology level.
During the technical audit Noveo has carefully analyzed and verified the following objects:
- Joomla application
- iPhone and Android versions of the application
- mobile version of the website
The above objects have been evaluated according to the following criteria:
- implementation and usage of Joomla and PHP
- code quality and conformance to the best practices
- problems in the code logic and in the security
- possibility of maintenance and improvement of the website
- up-to-date organization of applications.
The audit has resulted in the detailed report with:
- conclusions on all above points
- recommendations on how to improve the code/fix revealed problem places to gain stability, productivity and maintenance of the website
- general technical specification with the list of existing modules and description of their functionality